Supporting Healthcare Education on Pulmonary Fibrosis
ILFA’s Committment to Education
Education is one of ILFA’s primary aims and ILFA is committed to supporting educational opportunities for healthcare professionals to learn about pulmonary fibrosis and ways to support patients and families with the condition.
Recent Educational Initiatives for Healthcare Professionals
- CBT Bursaries: ILFA has provided educational bursaries to healthcare professionals of all disciplines to study Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) since 2020. This course is very popular and many individuals have received a bursary to cover the full cost of the online course.
- The Fergus Goodbody Memorial Lecture every 2-years and invites leading pulmonary fibrosis experts to deliver a state-of-the-art lecture to healthcare professionals. In recent years, ILFA has collaborated with the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland, and we are grateful to them for their support. Attendance is free to healthcare professionals.
- Educational Bursaries: ILFA has provided educational bursaries to healthcare professionals to attend the Interstitial Lung Disease Interdisciplinary Network meeting in the United Kingdom, and to attend a Lean White Belt Training Day at the Mater Hospital in Dublin.
- The Terence Moran Memorial Award is awarded to the presenter of the best case presentation at the Irish Thoracic Society’s Interstitial Lung Disease Multidisciplinary Meeting. The award consists of a crystal plaque and an education bursary to a trainee in respiratory medicine.
- Join the ILFA mailing list to keep up to date with future educational opportunities for healthcare professionals.
- Please let us know if your contact details change.